- To provide professional, informed, and comfortable instruction that turns new or inexperienced drivers into safe, collision-free, and confident drivers.
- To create a fun environment for instructors and students that fosters valuable learning and hands-on experience.
- To teach our students to take the consequences of their actions seriously and respect the road.
- To inform previous drivers with mediocre driving skills of the best defensive driving skills that will keep them free of collisions and tickets for life.
- Defensive Driving Specialist: Trained and Supervised Drivers of United Parcel Service as part of their Loss Control and Industrial Engineering Division in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California.
- In charge of Driver’s Education Curriculum for several APS Charter Schools, Bernalillo High School and private instructor of evening and summer classes, serving greater Albuquerque, Town of Bernalillo, City of Rio Rancho, and surrounding communities.
- Certified NM Traffic Safety Bureau Instructor for court mandated defensive driving classes (traffic school)
- NM State Traffic Safety Bureau driving instructor.
- 14 years as a property and casualty insurance agent.
- 26 years coaching athletics in private and public schools.
Al Guadagnoli, known as Coach Al, is the owner and a licensed driver and classroom instructor for Coach Al’s Driving School.
He began coaching baseball, basketball, and football from the time his three sons were in grade school and went into coaching high school sports in Oregon and New Mexico.
He and his wife Kay are natives of New Mexico and returned back home after raising their family in Oregon. It was in Oregon when Coach Al started out as a UPS driver and became a supervisor in loss control and the industrial engineering division overseeing service centers and training drivers in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and California. Prior to UPS, Coach Al and Kay were licensed insurance agents and had their own Farmers Insurance Agency in Oregon.
Throughout the years, his love for playing the drums in bands in all parts of the country continued and to this day, he is still playing professionally. When he isn’t teaching or playing the drums, you can find him on the golf course where he works for the Santa Ana Golf Course. A man of many talents with a love of family, music, and golf, Coach Al believes professional experience makes the difference in “Building a Community of Safe Drivers…for Life”
Eddie Torres is a certified licensed driver and classroom instructor for Coach Al’s Driving School. He is a second generation firefighter/engineer and recently retired after 21-years of service.
Eddie is currently a police officer for the Pueblo of Jemez and an instructor at CNM, preparing drivers for their CDL license. A native of New Mexico, Eddie married his high school sweetheart Stacey and together they are raising their three children.
Eddie began coaching baseball about 25 years ago and was on the board for Coronado Little League for over 20-years. He continues to coach high school baseball today. Eddie was also a member of the Bernalillo City Council for 2-consecutive terms.
For 30 years, Eddie has participated in the oldest unbroken tradition of dancing Los Matachines, an ancient tradition in the Hispanic Southwest traced to the town of Bernalillo, NM, where they have performed for 315 years straight.
If you are looking for a hunting guide, Eddie is an avid hunter and is a certified licensed hunting guide. He is dedicated to protecting the communities he serves and in making safety a priority for all concerned while putting others before himself.